Every year over Thanksgiving, family and friends gather to enjoy a delicious meal together while remembering all there is to be grateful for. As we look to another year ahead, what are some of the ways that you can show what you’re grateful for? Over Thanksgiving and throughout the entire holiday season this year, let’s all be mindful of showing our gratitude with some of these tips.
Top 5 Ways to Show Gratitude This Thanksgiving
- Build Your Community
Schedules this time of year tend to fill up quickly, which means we need to be extra intentional with friends and family, and building our community. The best way to do that? Make it easy to get everyone together! The night before Thanksgiving this year, have people over for a bonfire and roast your favorite grass-fed beef hot dogs over the open fire. All you need are some cozy blankets and a few packs of our mouthwatering 100% Grass-Fed Beef Sausages & Hot Dogs! Then, get some hot cocoa and cider, and enjoy each others company.
Pro Hosting Tip: Get a few different sausage flavors to make sure everyone can enjoy their favorite on Thanksgiving!
- Share What You’re Grateful For
As you’re gathered around the dinner table on Thanksgiving, have everyone share one thing they’re grateful for and one thing they can do next year to help change the world. Here are a few world-changing ideas to get you started:
- Purchase more items second-hand; it’s better for the environment! Instead of creating something brand new, purchase gifts, clothes and home decor from second-hand or vintage stores. The more you can re-use, the greater your global impact.
- Start an online fundraiser for your favorite charity
- Intentionally choose products that do more for the environment. When cattle graze freely on open pasture, it’s not only a better life for them, it has an amazing impact on the environment! Learn more about why we’re committed to 100% Grass-Fed & Finished Beef in this article on our partnership with The Savory Institute.
- Volunteer Together
Contact your local soup kitchen or food pantry and sign up to cook a meal together. Not only will you be serving your community, you’ll be building stronger relationships with your friends and family. It’s also a great opportunity to teach your kids about the importance of giving, and to show them how they can make a difference.
- Host an Inclusive Gathering
The best way to make someone feel welcome is to create Thanksgiving recipes everyone can enjoy! By keeping your recipes Paleo, Whole30 or gluten-free, you’re not only keeping them simple, you’re making it possible for more people to dig in. Give this Apple Walnut Grass-Fed Beef Sausage Stuffing, or any of our other favorite recipes a try!