Whole30 Taco Sweet Potato Skins with Avocado Crema
Recipe by IG user @organicallyaddison
- 6 large sweet potatoes
- 2 TBL ghee
- 1/2 pound ground meat (I used Teton Waters Ranch Southwest burgers)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Green onion, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- 1 avocado, flesh removed
- 1/3 cup coconut cream, chilled
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- Squeeze lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- On a microwave safe plate, microwave sweet potatoes for 10-12 minutes, until soft and tender. Be VERY careful handling potatoes; they are extremely hot.
- Meanwhile, make taco filling. Add ground meat to a skillet over medium heat. Once browned, add in onion, peppers, spices and salsa. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until peppers are tender.
- Carefully slice each sweet potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the insides of the sweet potato, leaving about half an inch of filling around the edges.
- In a small microwave dish, melt ghee. Brush melted ghee on the insides and edges of each potato.
- Scoop taco filling into each potato. Bake for 7-8 minutes, until sweet potato skins start to become crispy on the edges.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with cilantro and avocado crema.
- To make the avocado crema, add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.