Whole30 Sweet Potato Chili
Recipe by IG user: @organicallyaddison
- 1 pound ground beef (I used Teton Waters Ranch burgers)
- 2 TBL olive oil
- 1 cup sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups Whole30 marinara sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- Jalapeños, for garnish
- Avocado, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add ground beef. Use a spatula to break up the meat. Cook until brown and crumbly.
- Then, discard excess grease from pan. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat from pan and set meat aside.
- In the same skillet, add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Next, bring mixture to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to a low simmer and add meat back in. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, ladle chili into bowls and garnish with jalapeños and avocado if desired.