Whole30 Slow Cooker Chili
Recipe by IG User @Honest_avocado
- 3 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup diced yellow onion (about 1 medium-sized onion)
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp (4 cloves) minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Salt & pepper
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp avocado oil to the skillet.
- Add ground beef to skillet and saute for 7-10 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Next, add cooked meat to the slow cooker.
- Using the same skillet, return to heat and add 1 tbsp avocado oil.
- Add onions and peppers to skillet. Sautee for about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add veggies to the slow cooker.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, and sea salt to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Then enjoy!
- Optional – Make it a Chili Dog! Just before the chili is done, prepare the Teton Waters Ranch hot dogs by browning for 5-7 on a grill or pan. Serve the chili on top of the grilled hot dogs.