Whole30 Shepherd’s Pie
Recipe by IG User @organicallyaddison
- 2 pounds Teton Waters Ranch ground beef
- 1 onion, diced small
- 1 TBL garlic ghee
- 1/2 green pepper, diced small
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 TBL coconut aminos
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 TBL ghee
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap each sweet potato in aluminum foil and pierce several times with a fork.
- Next, place wrapped sweet potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about an hour, until soft and tender throughout.
- Meanwhile in a large oven safe skillet (I used a cast iron), add ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic ghee. Cook until beef is browned.
- Then, add remaining ingredients and bring to a light boil. Continue stirring.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes. Then, set aside.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, carefully remove from oven.
- Remove skins and add flesh to a large mixing bowl. Stir in ghee and coconut cream and mix until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, place sweet potatoes, ghee and coconut cream in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top meat mixture with sweet potatoes and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes or until edges are bubbly.