Whole30 Chili Fries
Recipe by IG user: @organicallyaddison
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 TBL ghee or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 package Sea Salt Cracked Pepper Teton Waters Ranch burgers
- 1 TBL olive oil
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup Whole30 marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- Red onion, to garnish
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- Green onions, to garnish
- BBQ sauce, optional
First, make the sweet potato fries.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch thick fries.
- Lay fries down on parchment paper and drizzle over melted ghee or olive oil.
- Toss fries to coat them completely. Sprinkle ground pepper on top.
- Then, bake fries for 40 minutes, flipping after 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
Second, make the chili and add Fries.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add Teton Waters Ranch hamburgers. Use a spatula to break up the meat. Cook until brown and crumbly.
- Then, discard excess grease from pan.
- In the same skillet, add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Next, bring mixture to a boil and boil for 10 minutes. Lower heat to a low simmer and cook until thickened, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- To assemble: place sweet potato fries on a large serving platter. Top with chili. Garnish with red onion, chopped parsley, green onions and BBQ sauce, optional.