Tomato Sausage Frittata
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It’s your chance to fuel up with high-quality protein so your body has the energy it needs to power through a busy day. Start your day with a warm, hearty breakfast recipe like this Tomato Sausage Frittata to help keep you full until lunch, so you can focus on your to-do list.
- 12 eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package Teton Waters Ranch 100% Grass-Fed Beef Sausage, we used our Italian-Style Oregano & Mozzarella flavor, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together eggs and whole grain mustard, seasoning with sea salt & black pepper, to taste.
- In an oven-safe skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and onion, cooking until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add bite-sized pieces of Teton Waters Ranch 100% Grass-Fed Beef Sausage, cooking until sausage pieces are starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until the leaves wilt, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, stir everything together and cook until the mixture hardens just a little. Carefully arrange the tomato slices on top and transfer to the oven to bake for 30 minutes, or until the center is fully set and the frittata turns a light golden brown. The edges of the frittata will start to barely pull away from the pan.
- Serve immediately, or freeze in an airtight container and reheat entire frittata in the oven when ready to enjoy.