The Rancher’s Sausage Butternut Squash Soup
Adding sausage to a classic butternut squash soup is always a good idea! This soup is hearty, and loaded with fiber and protein.
- 4 oz of chopped Teton Waters Ranch grass-fed beef sausages (pick your favorite flavor!)
- 1 sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 Fuji apple, chopped with core removed, do not peel
- 1 large carrot, chopped, do not peel
- 2 pounds chopped Butternut squash (about a 3 pound squash)
- 4 cups low sodium beef stock or bone broth
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat oil in large pot.
- Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add cashews, stir and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in apple, carrot, butternut squash and cook for 5 minutes with lid on.
- Add vegetable stock, thyme, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer with lid on for 15-20 minutes, until squash is soft.
- Meanwhile, brown the chopped sausage for a few minutes over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Remove the cashew and veggie mixture from the heat.
- Using an immersion blender, purée in the pot (or transfer to a stand blender in batches and purée).
- Divide the soup into 4 bowls and top each bowl with approximately 1 oz of your Teton Waters Ranch sausage flavor of choice!