Savory Breakfast Waffles
- 2-3 links of Teton Waters Ranch Spicy Andouille Sausage
- 2-3 medium russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- Topping of choice (sour cream, chives, etc)
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Cut up sausage.
- Peel, wash and scrub your potatoes. Shred potatoes by using the largest hole of a cheese grater.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Mix in potatoes and sausage. Feel free to get creative with your spices!
- Grease the waffle iron using olive oil (butter can be used, but it tends to burn easily).
- Place some of the mixture on your waffle iron, making sure the hash browns are evenly mounded. Cook until golden brown.
- Stack your waffles and garnish with your desired toppings. Sour cream, chives and grated cheese pairs well with this savory breakfast item!