Paleo Whole30 Pumpkin Chili
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil*
- 10 oz Teton Waters Ranch 100% Grass-Fed Beef Hardwood Smoked Sausage
- 1 16oz can or box pumpkin
- 2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 4oz can diced green chilis
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder*
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin*
- 2 teaspoons paprika*
- pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot add turkey and garlic oil. Heat over medium heat and cook until browned, breaking apart as needed, about 5 minutes. While that is cooking, slice the sausage into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Once browned, add the sausage, pumpkin, tomatoes, green chilis, chives, salt, oregano, chipotle powder, ancho chili powder, cumin, paprika, and pepper. Stir well and cook 15 minutes or until desired. At this point, everything is cooked and if you cook it longer the flavors just develop more. Take it off the heat and serve.
This recipe brought to us by Jay’s Baking Me Crazy!
*You can use 2 tablespoons chili powder in place of these ingredients if desired.