Paleo Pigs in a Blanket
These Paleo Pigs in a Blanket are the perfect weekend breakfast, and great for getting your kids in the kitchen to help you prep them!
- 1 package Teton Waters Ranch Mini Uncured Beef Hot Dogs
- 1 3/4 cup tapioca Flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup water (if using Jumbo eggs, reduce water to 2 Tbsp)
- Mix the tapioca flour, coconut flour, and salt together gently. (Tapioca flour tends to be kind of messy!)
- Slowly beat in the oil, and eggs.
- Gradually add the water while beating on low speed.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled and firm, using wet hands divide the dough into 18-20 balls and then flatten each ball into a strip, getting them as flat as possible.
- Take one dough strip and wrap it around a mini sausage. Repeat with the other dough strips and sausages.
- Place the pigs in a blanket in the freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours or until frozen through.
- After 2 hours: Preheat oven to 400º.
- Remove wrapped mini hot dogs from the freezer. Brush or spray each with a small amount of coconut oil, and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
*If not strictly paleo, enjoy with hummus, barbecue sauce, or ketchup as well.
(Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze to enjoy on-demand at any time!)