Oktoberfest Sausage & Potato Salad
Oktoberfest has definitely evolved over the years, and you surely won’t see us complaining! What began as a royal wedding celebration has turned into an annual autumn festival commemorated all over the world. These days, people gather together to feast on the fall
harvest with delicious Oktoberfest recipes, and of course to drink beer; you know we’ve got the first part handled!
We took the classic German potato salad and gave it the TWR twist by using just a handful of whole food ingredients, herbs & spices, and flavorful sausage made from 100% grass-fed beef.
Do you have an easy Oktoberfest recipe? Share it with us on Instagram and tag @TWRGrassfedBeef – we’ll regram our favorites!
- 5 medium russet potatoes (about 4 cups chopped), scrubbed
- 1 package Teton Waters Ranch 100% Grass-Fed Beef Sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes, cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove potatoes from water and allow to cool slightly. Once you can handle them, cube the potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- While potatoes boil, slice the sausages into bite-sized pieces and brown in a skillet over medium heat. Remove sausage pieces from skillet and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-low, and stir in onion, cooking until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes more. Add vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper, stirring and cooking for about 1 minute, then removing from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes and mustard dressing, tossing to coat. Fold in sausage pieces and green onions. Serve hot or cold.