Light & Nutritious Quinoa Salad with 100% Grass-Fed Beef Sausage
- 2 packages TWR 100% Grass Fed Beef Sausage
- 4 cups Bonafide Beef Bone Broth
- 3 cups Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 2 Bell Peppers, sliced
- 1 bag Brussel Sprouts, cut in quarter pieces
- 1 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 3/4 Red Onion, diced
- 1 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 can Black Beans, drained
- 1 can Sweet Corn, drained
- 1 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
Lemon Citrus Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Pepper
- 2 Lemons
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Dice brussels sprouts into quarters and lay out on a sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper over the pan until all brussels are evenly covered. Place in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until browned on top.
- Add the quinoa, bone broth, and water to a medium-sized pot, bring to a boil.
- When boiling, cover the pot and reduce the heat to a simmer for 18-20 minutes. All liquid should be absorbed, if it is not, let simmer for an additional 2 minutes. Set aside once all liquid is absorbed.
- Cut TWR 100% Grass-Fed Beef Dinner Sausages into angular, bite-sized pieces. Add sausages to a medium-sized pan over low-medium heat. Cook for 3-4 on each side, remove from heat and set aside.
- Cover a medium sized pan with a light layer of olive oil and add the bite-sized bell pepper pieces to the pan. Cook for only 3 minutes so that the peppers soften but do not lose their crunch entirely. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- Add diced cherry tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, beans, corn, brussels sprouts, and peppers to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- To make the lemon citrus dressing, squeeze lemons, olive oil, salt and pepper into a small bowl and mix together. Pour dressing over vegetables until all are evenly covered.
- Transfer the quinoa and dressed vegetables to a large mixing bowl. Add crumbled feta cheese and cut sausages, mix together until all ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Transfer the quinoa salad to a serving dish, garnish with finely chopped cilantro.
- Sit back and enjoy!