Keto Mummy Dogs
Recipe by IG user @ketofocus
3.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 TWR 100% beef grass-fed uncured hot dogs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt shredded mozzarella cheese in a glass bowl using the microwave at 60 second intervals until cheese is melted. If you don’t want to use a microwave, melt the mozzarella cheese on the stovetop in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add melted cheese, almond flour, egg, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt to a food processor. Pulse until dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal balls. Roll the ball into a long snake.
- Wrap the dough around the hot dog like a mummy.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 17 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool then add the eyes. You can use mustard and ketchup for the eyes or even get edible eyes for a fun look!