Italian Sandwich with 100% Grass-Fed Beef Sausage
- TWR 100% Grass-Fed Beef Sausage
- 2 Baguette Loaves
- 2 medium sized Mozzarella Balls
- 1 cup Arugula
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 3 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup Lemon Juice, fresh
- 1/4-1/2 Olive Oil (start with 1/4 and add another 1/4 until correct consistency)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Pepper
- Add pesto ingredients: basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper to a food processor. Grind ingredients until they are a thick texture, not smooth.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice to the food processor, grind until smooth texture. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F
- Place whole peppers on a sheet pan and into the oven for 25-35 minutes. The skins of the peppers should be completely wrinkled and a little charred.
- Remove from oven and cut peppers into thin slices.
- On a medium-sized skillet, cook TWR sausages until fully heated through, we recommend 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from skillet and slice sausages into long strips.
- Assemble sandwich in this order: baguette, mozzarella, red peppers, TWR sausages, arugula, pesto, baguette.
- Sit back and enjoy!