Gluten-Free Cinnamon Roll Pigs in a Blanket with 100% Grass-Fed Beef Sausage Links
If there’s one holiday breakfast recipe that reigns supreme, it’s cinnamon rolls. Not only did we make an amazing paleo cinnamon roll dough, we wrapped it around our 100% Grass-Fed Beef Breakfast Sausage Links and baked them to perfection. It’s the ultimate in sweet and savory, and it’s guaranteed to be a favorite (it might even become your new holiday tradition)!
For the Gluten-Free Cinnamon Roll Dough:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (but not hot)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
For the Filling:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 package Teton Waters Ranch 100% Grass-Fed Beef Breakfast Sausage Links, we used the Maple Breakfast Links flavor
For the Glaze Topping:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened (not melted)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, egg, honey, and vanilla. Stir in almond flour, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Roll out dough and spread with honey, making sure to evenly coat. Sprinkle with cinnamon, then cut dough into 8 long strips.
- Wrap a strip of cinnamon honey dough around 1 breakfast sausage link, and place on lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until dough is golden brown and fully cooked.
- While cinnamon roll sausages are baking, combine all glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Allow cinnamon roll sausages to cool slightly before drizzling with glaze. Serve warm.