Gluten-Free Cheese Fondue with Grass-Fed Beef Sausage & Vegetable Dippers
- 2 packages Teton Waters Ranch 100% Grass-Fed Beef Sausages, we used the Italian Style Crushed Red Pepper flavor
- 1 cup 100% grass-fed milk, we used Maple Hill Whole Milk
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4 cups grass-fed cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Serve with: your favorite fruits and vegetables like sliced apples, bell peppers, carrots
- Set a skillet over medium-high heat and cook sausages until browned on all sides. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before slicing into bite-sized pieces.
- Set a saucepan over medium heat and whisk together milk and lemon juice. Bring to a low simmer.
- In a bowl, toss shredded cheese with arrowroot powder, then add to milk mixture a handful at a time, stirring constantly. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Add mustard powder, garlic powder, and nutmeg whisking until smooth.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until warmed through. Remove from heat and transfer to a fondue pot to keep warm while serving.
- Serve with sausage bites, fruits and vegetables.