Egg Sage Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn winter squash
- 8 large eggs, scrambled
- 4 Teton Waters Ranch 100% Grass-Fed Beef Sausages, any flavor
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh sage
- 2-4 cups arugula
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado oil for cooking
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, drizzle squash halves slightly with avocado oil, lay face down on baking tray and bake on 400F for about 30 minutes until soft.
- While squash is baking, heat skillet over medium heat on the stove. Dice onion and sage, then saute with about 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Stir on occasion until onions are golden, then remove and set aside.
- Cut sausages into bite size rounds and cook in the skillet with a bit of oil until golden and crisp on each side, then remove and set aside,
- Beat eggs together, then cook scrambled.
- Assemble by layering in a handful of arugula into each squash half ,then sauteed onions and sage, sausage pieces, and eggs. Top with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
This recipe brought to use by Paleo Gluten Free Eats!