Creamy Red Pepper Spaghetti Squash Bake
This dairy-free Creamy Red Pepper and Sausage Spaghetti Squash Bake is perfect for a busy week when you can make it ahead of time, and enjoy the leftovers later on! And your friends and family will be shocked it’s paleo friendly!
- 4 Teton Waters Ranch grass-fed beef sausage links, chopped (pick your favorite flavor!)
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- Avocado oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 4-5 basil leaves, chopped fine
- Preheat your oven to 375º.
- Carefully slice the spaghetti squash in half down the middle vertically. Scrape out the seeds from the inside of each half. Rub the flesh sides with avocado oil. Place face down on a greased baking sheet, and bake for 1 hour.
- Once the spaghetti squash is baking, arrange the red pepper strips on a baking sheet. Place in the oven when the spaghetti squash has about 30 minutes left to cook.
- Once cooled, scrape the inside of the spaghetti squash out using a fork, being careful to preserve the skin shell. Remove the red peppers from the oven at this point too.
- Place the spaghetti squash strings and roasted red pepper strips in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in another bowl. Add the coconut milk and sausage mixture to the spaghetti squash and bell pepper mixture. Pour the mixture back into the spaghetti squash skins and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes. (You can also just bake it in a greased casserole dish.)