Apple Walnut Grass-Fed Beef Sausage Stuffing
Every Thanksgiving recipe deserves the chance to steal the show, and this baked stuffing recipe, with bite-sized pieces of our mouthwatering 100% Grass-Fed and Grass-Finished Beef Sausage, will definitely be a contender.
Save time on Thanksgiving and bake this side dish ahead of time! Then freeze the dish and reheat in the oven just before guests arrive.
- 1 loaf of bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 package Teton Waters Ranch 100% Grass-Fed Beef Sausages, sliced into bite-sized pieces, we used the Hardwood Smoked Beef Sausage flavor
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 cup walnuts, rough chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Garnish: scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly oil a baking dish, set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Evenly arrange bread cubes in a single layer on lined baking sheet and bake until golden and crispy, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt coconut oil and sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add red bell pepper and cook another 5 minutes. Add garlic and celery and cook until garlic is fragrant and celery is tender, about 3-5 minutes more.
- Stir in sausage pieces, apples, and rosemary, cooking until rosemary is fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bread, sausage mixture, and walnuts. Season with salt and pepper, pour in vegetable stock and mix until bread is soft and moist.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and bake until deeply golden and crisp on top. Remove from oven and top with scallions.
- Serve immediately, or freeze in airtight container and reheat at 325°F until hot.