If you’ve been under the impression that hot, juicy franks are just for weekend barbecues and ball games, you’re going to want to reconsider that notion. When you’ve got grass-fed and grass-finished beef from Teton Waters Ranch in your fridge, ready to be eaten at the drop of a hat, why not find any excuse to make an American summer classic into a perfect back-to-school lunch that makes your kids the talk of the lunch room?
We’ve put together some of our favorite out-of-the-grill ideas for our beloved franks, that you can find in a store near you so that they can travel from kitchen to school with flavor and ease. And in the meantime, enter our giveaway for the chance to win a 3-month supply of Teton Waters Ranch Franks and Sausages and a Big Green Egg grill so you can keep that summer feeling going into the fall!
- The Grilled Cheese Frank is the best of both worlds. Just roll the hot dog buns flat and spread with butter before putting them butter-side-down in a skillet over medium heat, then sprinkle with cheese. Next, slice the hot dogs length-wise so they’re still connected and lay them flat on the skillet until they start to brown. Then place the hot dogs on their buns, sprinkle with more cheese and close up the buns until the cheese is melted, and that’s it! Serve with ketchup and mustard.
- Frank Tacos will be your go-to lunch meal on Tuesdays. For these south-of-the-border dogs, heat your franks over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Next, take your flour tortillas and put some salsa and guacamole down the middle. Place your frank over the toppings and top with cheese before wrapping the tortilla around the franks and securing with toothpicks. Grill them on a griddle for a few minutes on each side before wrapping in tinfoil and sending them off in a lunch box!
- In a time crunch? Franks on a stick will be there to get your kiddo out the door with a hot lunch in no time. Just thread the franks onto wooden skewers and make small cuts at an angle in 2 rows down opposite sides of each frank. Grill 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally. Wrap them in tinfoil, and send along some ketchup and mustard for dipping and devouring!
- Skillet Franks are fully loaded and ready to fuel a day of learning. Grate a potato and brown them in a skillet turning them into hash browns. Next, prepare the bacon and cook until crispy, then set aside until they’re ready to be chopped. Heat your franks, and then sprinkle cheese over the hot dog bun, top with the frank, hash browned potato, chopped tomato and crumbled bacon! No condiments required.
- If you’re a fan of Chicago Style dogs, you’re going to love these Chicago Style Frank Cups. Heat your oven to 350°F and spray regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. Next, separate your biscuit dough and carefully firmly press the biscuit rounds in the bottom and up the side of each muffin cup. Then, stir sliced franks, 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard and Worcestershire sauce and spoon the mixture evenly into biscuit cups. Using egg wash, brush the sides of the cups and sprinkle poppy seeds evenly on the edges of the cups. Bake 18-20 minutes, then top with yellow mustard, relish and white onion. Put these in a shallow thermos to keep warm until lunchtime!
These frank-filled lunches will keep your kiddos fueled and happy for their afternoons back at school, and you can smile knowing they’re getting the delicious benefits of Teton Waters Ranch grass-fed and grass-finished beef all year round. Find them in a store near you!